What is a Chakra?
The 7 Chakras are the energy centers in our body where energy flows through. The word “chakra” means wheel. In the Indian language, it means “wheel of spinning energy”. A Chakra is like a swirling vortex of energy. Our body has seven of these chakras from the top of the head to the base of the spine. Even though our seven chakras are aligned with our physical body, they can’t be touched; rather, you feel and sense them.
An important point to understand is that your chakras can be too closed or too open. A blocked or open energy flow in our seven chakras can often lead to illness. Chakras can become blocked through emotional upset, conflict, loss, or accident. Some common causes are fear, anxiety, and stress. In the next section, we will discuss where in our body each chakra is located and what we can do to keep our energy flowing openly.
The 7 Chakras
1. Root Chakra -
Represents our foundation, our grounding in the universe.
- Color - Red
- Location - Base of the spine around the tailbone area.
- Body association - Legs, feet, bones, large intestine, and adrenal glands.
- Emotional signs - Typically translates to financial and emotional security and survival items like money and food. May also manifest as paranoia, fear, procrastination, and defensiveness.
- Balance - When you are balanced, you feel a sense of accomplishment and peace when you think about things like money, safety, and shelter. Your experience will be connected.
2. Sacral Chakra -
Represents the creative life force that helps you enjoy your life on earth.
- Color - Orange
- Location - Lower abdomen, below the belly button.
- Body association - Lower abdomen, kidneys, bladder, circulatory system and your reproductive organs and glands.
- Emotional signs – A sense of well-being, sexual pleasure. A blockage can manifest as emotional problems, compulsive or obsessive behavior, and sexual guilt.
- Balance - When this chakra is balanced, you will feel enjoyment in pleasurable things in life in moderation. Sex, good food and creative activities will be enjoyable and give you a sense of wellness.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra -
Represents our ability to be self-confident and in control of our lives, identity. It is where personal power is born.
- Color - Yellow
- Location - Upper abdomen at the belly button.
- Body association - Digestive system, muscles, pancreas, and adrenals.
- Emotional signs - Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem. A blockage may manifest as anger, frustration, lack of direction or a sense of victimization. If this chakra is overactive, it may also make you quick to get angry, feel a need to control and micromanage, and possibly lack compassion or empathy.
- Balance - When balanced, you feel a sense of wisdom, decisiveness and personal power.
4. Heart Chakra -
Represents our center of love, compassion, and peace.
- Color - Green
- Location - Center of the chest, just above the heart.
- Body association - Associated with your lungs, heart, arms hands and thymus gland.
- Emotional signs - When this chakra is overactive, you may find yourself putting the needs of others before your own. If it is underactive, you may find it hard to get really close to anyone or feel out of touch with yourself.
- Balance - When this chakra is balanced, you can love yourself and others. Even in tough times, you can still see compassion and kindness in others. On a physical level, a good balance is represented by a strong heart and immune system, good circulation, and healthy endocrine system.
5. Throat Chakra -
Our ability to communicate.
- Color - Blue
- Location - Throat
- Body association - Neck, shoulders, arms, hands, thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- Emotional signs - This Charka lets you speak your truth with clarity. Blockage can manifest as creative blockage, dishonesty, or difficulty in communication ones needs to relate to others. An overactive throat chakra may be seen when people interrupt others and are told they have a loud voice or “love to hear themselves talk”. An underactive chakra is seen in people who are told they’re shy and quiet.
- Balance - When the throat chakra balanced, you can clearly speak with love, kindness and truth. You will be highly attuned to which words to use for each situation and have the ability to inspire those around you.
6. Third Eye Chakra -
Our ability to see the big picture and question the spiritual nature of life. This chakra opens up your mind to information beyond the material world and our five senses.
- Color - Indigo
- Location - Forehead between the eyes.
- Body association - Forehead
- Emotional signs - Blockage may manifest as problems like lack of foresight, mental rigidity, ‘selective’ memory and depression. Having an overactive third eye chakra can manifest as spending too much time in physical activities or activities that distract you from normal human experiences. An underactive third eye chakra manifests as a feeling of disconnection from spiritual experiences.
- Balance - The third eye chakra is balanced when you feel equally in tune with both the physical and material world.
7. Crown Chakra -
This, the highest chakra, represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It connects us to the entire universe.
- Color - Violet-white
- Location - At the top of your head
- Body association - cerebral cortex, central nervous system, and the pituitary gland
- Emotional signs - Concerned with our connection to spirituality and pure bliss. A blockage may manifest as psychological problems.
- Balance - Signs of a balanced crown chakra can manifest in general blissful feelings and a healthy central nervous system.
The entire universe is made of energy and, as explained above, our body is no exception. It is important to understand that we are all made of pure energy that we share with the earth. Long before modern technology and science, cultures knew that every living thing carries a life force within. Hopefully, after learning about the seven chakras (spinning energies), you can become more in tune with the energy your body carries. Use this information to connect physically, emotionally, and spiritually to your seven chakras and discover your imbalances. How is your energy flowing?
Don't forget to like and share us on Facebook and Instagram.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.